Deep insights into chronic disease are overdue – join us to make a difference to patients
Location: Oxford, UK
Why be a PrecisionLife Human Disease Biologist?
Using your scientific curiosity and our world-leading analytics platforms, you will investigate and resolve new biological mechanisms that create opportunities for innovative treatments and novel medicines. We focus on common chronic diseases that impact millions of patients’ quality of life and are responsible for the majority of the cost of delivering healthcare.
We work with complex disease datasets, using world-class proprietary analytics across large patient populations, so that we can understand patients’ individual experience of illness.
We collaborate with the world’s leading healthcare and disease experts based in universities, pharmaceutical/biotech companies and healthcare organizations. We are an international company with a global ambition to find better, more personalized treatment options for patients with unmet medical needs, enabling people to live longer, healthier lives.
We can do this because we operate unique combinatorial analytics, which capture the non-linear additive effects of genetic and metabolic networks, and automated annotation workflows that allow us to stratify patients into sub-groups at the highest possible resolution. We see further and deeper into the complex structure of an individual’s illness, treatment response and health risk.
What do we need you to do?
You will bring a thirst for biological or clinical science that will allow you evaluate and dissect multiple patient clinical, epidemiological and disease population datasets (e.g. schizophrenia, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, COVID-19 etc.) We expect our Human Disease Biologist to have an enthusiasm for biological science, with a proven ability to integrate data from lots of public and private sources and synthesize them into actionable insights.
You may be working on
- Dissecting and interpreting results from our unique combinatorial multi-omic analysis platform
- Uncovering new disease insights, targets and mechanisms of action from analysis of diverse datasets in complex chronic diseases
- Identifying common mechanisms that drive disease across broad therapeutic areas
- Contributing to the design and execution of a range of studies both internally and internationally
- Presenting your information to partners and collaborators, integrating expert knowledge and placing in a commercial context.
What makes a PrecisionLife Human Disease Biologist?
- The confidence to read and interpret a wide range of scientific literature, public and private data sources
- A logical approach to organisation of information and collaboration when constructing hypotheses or explanations
- Integrating lots of data to formulate ideas, support hypotheses and develop the methods to prove them
- The ability to work with a diverse set of people communicating your biological knowledge and results to product developers, bioinformaticians and data scientists
- You will embody our values and identify with our mission and vision, and want to develop your skills and share your knowledge to achieve maximum impact
Our science toolbox includes
- Proprietary high performance, high dimensionality analytic platforms generating novel disease insights
- Access to a wide range of datasets in different countries and from different domains
- Real-time, analytical support systems to help you annotate, integrate and compare the analyses
- A unique wealth of biological information from a wide range of studies in chronic disease
- Opportunities to collaborate with leaders and experts in disease biology.
Who, Where, What and How?
You will be working with a high-quality team with a track record of growing and scaling businesses. Employment opportunities exist in our offices in Oxford, UK and Warsaw, Poland.
We are trusted with patients’ private healthcare data and work responsibly with the highest levels of integrity. PrecisionLife is an ISO27001 accredited business, fully committed to equal opportunities and operating a carbon neutral business. To learn more, visit: https://precisionlife.com/
We undertake the government mandated right to work employment checks and you will therefore need to satisfy basic eligibility criteria/certain conditions of employment (e.g., proof of nationality or right to work). You will be asked to provide appropriate original documentation to verify ID, nationality, employment and/or academic history as required.
To apply online submit a CV and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not consider speculative applications from agencies.