Your opportunity to build systems to deliver better human health
Location: Oxford, UK/Aalborg, Denmark
Why be a PrecisionLife Application Engineer
You will design and build ground-breaking solutions to enable PrecisionLife to deliver systems that help patients to lead longer, healthier lives.
We are an international company with global ambition, collaborating with the world’s leading experts based in universities, pharmaceutical/biotech companies and healthcare businesses to build tools that will improve lives by finding better, more personalized treatment options for patients with unmet medical needs.
We work with large-scale patient datasets, using world-class analytics across disease populations to understand individual patients’ experience of illness. Our mission is to drive forward precision medicine, by transforming our understanding of complex diseases, using our PrecisionLife analytical platforms to enable high-resolution stratification of patient populations to improve target selection, drug development, clinical trials design and clinical decision making.
We can do this because we operate unique combinatorial analytics and automated annotation workflows that allow us to stratify patients into sub-groups at the highest possible resolution. We see further and deeper into the complex structure of an individual’s illness, treatment responses and health risks.
What will you be doing?
PrecisionLife is developing a solution that enables people to make the best lifestyle choices to maximise the effectiveness of their medicines and health. We build on a powerful and secure knowledge model that enables the user to be supported in their decision making on their device without sharing their personal data with a third-party server. This is made possible by our unique PACE runtime engine – a highly efficient way of integrating huge amounts of information and supporting real-time decisions on mobile and edge devices.
This is a wide-ranging role, and you may be working on other projects that leverage our unique insights for our partners. You will be working on both front and back-end components. We are looking for software engineers who have professional programming experience and have a flexible mindset to lead projects or work in a team as required.
You may be working on:
- Core parts of our runtime APIs and their applications
- Deploying decision models into desktop apps
- Block-chain apps and smart contracts
- Data processing pipelines, feeding all parts of our analysis pipeline
What make a PrecisionLife software engineers?
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of software engineering.
- Fluency in one OOP language (e.g. Java, C#/VB.Net or C++) a requirement
- Exposure to other OOP languages, outside of primary one, an advantage
- Working in teams with common organizational processes and repository tools like Jira and Git
- Familiarity with some of our toolbox
- Commitment to gain experience and knowledge through working with colleagues
What is in our toolbox
- Our proprietary PACE run time engine
- Data processing pipelines implemented in Python and R
- Front ends written in Python using Angular, Flask and Django
- Backends written in C++ or Python
- Multiple database engines (mostly Mongo and Postgres)
- AWS cloud deployments including direct installs and Docker
- Continuous integration and testing environments using Jenkins and Ansible
Who, Where, What and How?
You will be working with a high-quality team with a track record of growing and scaling businesses. Employment opportunities exist in our offices in Oxford, UK and Warsaw, Poland.
We are trusted with patients’ private healthcare data and work responsibly with the highest levels of integrity. PrecisionLife is an ISO27001 accredited business, fully committed to equal opportunities and operating a carbon neutral business. To learn more, visit: https://precisionlife.com/
We undertake the government mandated right to work employment checks and you will therefore need to satisfy basic eligibility criteria/certain conditions of employment (e.g. proof of nationality or right to work). You will be asked to provide appropriate original documentation to verify ID, nationality, employment and/or academic history as required.
To apply submit a CV and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we do not consider speculative applications from agencies.